Thursday, September 23, 2010

Newspapers: Still a Bargain

Even though the price keeps going up and number of pages keeps going down, I subscribe for home delivery of my local newspaper.  I like the balance of it, not just in the way it reports the news, but the sound of it hitting the door, and the way it feels in my hands.  There's a something special to look forward to each day. 
Monday offers a group of features in the business section.  I especially like Stephen Wilber's Effective Writing column http://www.wilbers.com/.  
Tuesday takes me to Miss Manners.
Wednesday is Home & Garden.
Thursday brings me the taste section, with restaurant reviews and recipes.startribune.com/taste
Friday, it's the movie reviews.
Saturday, there's a veterinarian column I like--Dr. Fox
Sunday brings a bonanza of grocery adds, coupons, book reviews, and the crosswords.

No comments:

Post a Comment